While it’s true that paper and, most recently, digital money have phased out gold and other precious metals as forms of common currency, gold’s true potential value shouldn’t be underestimated by any means. Gold coins in particular are optimal for both investors and collectors because they’re tangible assets that can easily be liquidated when needed. They’re valuable not only in economic and social contexts but also in a large variety of industries, from health to engineering.
Gold production and purchase, in coins and other forms, have increased dramatically over previous decades and continue to show growth, diversification, and demand in a robust and multifaceted market. Gold’s resistance to corrosion, its relative compactness, and its ability to retain its value and even appreciate in value makes it a solid option to consider. Furthermore, capital gains tax payment is only necessary up front during the sale itself when it comes to purchases of gold. Gold coins weighing one ounce are recommended to provide the smallest premium over the spot price, though a large number of smaller variants of these coins also exist and can and should be invested in.
Top Choices Among Gold Coins
There are many choices among gold coins, and only you can pick the one that’s right for you. That being said, the professionals from First National Bullion, San Diego gold coin dealers with experience and market know-how you can rely on, suggest these are some of the top choices for gold coins:
- Gold American Eagle Coin – Available in limited numbers, this coin dates back to 1986 and has withstood time. High governmental quality control ensures its popularity, value, and liquidity. These coins are slated for redesign in 2021 with new measures to prevent counterfeiting, which is another reason to invest in them.
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf – These coins, guaranteed by the government of Canada, use cutting-edge security technology to ensure they’re able to be authenticated accurately, in real time, and exclusively by qualified entities and individuals, giving investors greater confidence in investing in them.
- American Buffalo Gold Coin – With a presidential design dating back to the twentieth century, this coin, the first 24 karat coin from the United States, is minted with American gold. Due to its purity, it’s softer than other American gold coins, and its authenticity makes it a stable investment.
- Austrian Philharmonic Gold Coin – This coin is great for investors and music lovers alike.
- Gold Sovereign Coin – This British coin is ideal for those who seek diversification in their gold assets.
- Chinese Panda Gold Coin – China’s first gold coin features an annually changing design on its face and the Temple of Heaven on the reverse.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo Coin – This coin, dating back to 1987 and featuring Queen Elizabeth II, comes in several sizes, sets, and versions.
Whether you’re a veteran coin collector or you’re just getting interested in taking up the hobby, you’ll find a fantastic variety of high-quality coins at First National Bullion. We offer a huge selection of silver, platinum, and gold coins. San Diego collectors who are looking for the finest quality in coins should give us a call at (858) 666-6570 to speak with one of our rare coin experts.
The statements made in this blog are opinions, and past performance is not indicative of future returns. Precious metals, like all investments, carry risk. Precious metals and coins may appreciate, depreciate, or stay the same in cash value depending on a variety of factors. First National Bullion does not guarantee, and its website and employees make no representation, that any metals for sale will appreciate sufficiently to earn the customers a profit. The decision to buy, sell, or borrow precious metals and which precious metals to purchase, borrow, or sell are made at the customer’s sole discretion.